Monday 18 April 2011

ASE : Sybase row level locking

Last Friday night, I implemented row level locking on one of our critical stock trading system. As result, the
deadlocking issue is greatly reduced. so far we have not seen any after the implementation. The command used is as follow

alter table TableName lock datarows

Of course, I used a shell script to run against every table in the database, after that drop and recreate triggers
with ”if update(column)” clause.

I also bumped up default data cache, large I/O and number of locks. Everything looks good so far. Need to monitor it
for one more week to get a weekly report.

An interesting finding from this promotion is that the Replication Server seems has a bug, even after the I changed maintainence user’s password, it couldn’t pick up the new password and kept complaining about the login failure. A Rep server recycle solved the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment